Ignorance! Ugh, that is so irking. Isn’t it!? I know many of us are being bothered by ignorance and we have absolutely no idea how to handle it. I know it’s not easy but it’s high time to be strong and face all that jazz. How do you confront such a situation? Do you know how I handle ignorance? When someone ignores you repeatedly as if you don’t exist and you just go blank. Does that happen with you too? It happened to me lots of times then finally, I managed to figure out the way to deal with that. Ignorance gives you a lot of pain but why should you suffer for somebody else’s mistake or rudeness.
- One, people ignore you cause they’re not comfortable being social(introverts)
- Two, people ignore you intentionally. Only to hurt you. ( I don’t know, it brings joy to them or what. But they do.)
- Cause they like you beyond.
- They think you have something they can only desire
- Cause they tried to be like you but failed
- They themselves have absolutely no idea why they’re doing it. You know, some people’s wavelength doesn’t match.
- They might have some real reason (In this case, you may be at fault. So, try to patch up. Life’s too short to hold a grudge against)
Actually, I don’t see why people do that. I mean, see, everyone wants to be happy ultimately, yes or no. And what gives you happiness? PEACE OF MIND. Jealousy and hatred are the negative feelings which ruin our peace of mind. When that happens, you’re not happy anymore. Then why would you want to ignore somebody and spoil your happiness? You’re doing that which gives you nothing in return. Moreover, it spoils something you already have, PEACE.
How to handle ignorance?
- One. You take initiation. Say just hello and go away. It’ll ease the tension between you two. You may even change that person’s mentality with your positive mindset. They might even start admiring your charming personality.
- Two. Leave them. They’ll get to taste their own medicine one day. There’s a thing called karma, remember.
- Three. If you have the guts, go to them and just ask them directly but in a humorous way. It’ll catch the other person off guard. Speak your heart.
Of all the three choices there’s one thing you should not do. ANALYZING. I know many of us analyze things when something we don’t like happens. Even I did (once). But what’s the point of analyzing when it’s done by others and you can’t change it? You’ll never find an answer. So, Don’t over think and feel blue for being ignored. You can’t feel bad for something that’s not in your hands, right! Instead, I feel you should feel like a star because people ignore you only when they admire you beyond the limits. The number of people that ignore you is directly proportional to how better you are as a person.
How I handle ignorance?
- No matter how people treat you, you must treat yourself like a princess/prince
- Don’t over think (Particularly, over silly things like being ignored)
- Peace of mind and happiness should be your first priority.
If that ignorance led to bullying, learn how to deal with it in one of our posts about bullying. One way to stop bullying.
Also, I have been recently interviewed. Yay!! Find some time to give it a read and let me know how it is. Interview